Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses hybrid vehicles, bike patrols and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We use green cleaning products and recycled paper products in public restrooms at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We are continually exploring green alternatives for capital improvement projects. The most recent project resurfaced 12.4 acres of the mall parking lot using a system called Cold In-Place Recycling. By re-using the asphalt, we kept 7,500 tons out of the landfill, and also avoided needing 7,500 tons of new product.
- We are in the process of installing Strategic Energy Plan equipment to identify peak and wasteful energy usage property-wide.
- The center utilizes electronic storage therefore discarding less paper. Vintage Faire donates a section of the parking lot for Park & Ride use to promote carpooling and use of public transportation.
- We have reduced travel with web-conferencing capabilities reducing carbon emissions and made use of web-based training rather than books.
- There are designated bus stop and mall-provided bus shelters on the property to make the center accessible for customers using public transportation. Vintage Faire sends e-mail blast advertisements rather than catalogs or postcards to shoppers.
- The center utilizes digital technology to manage energy usage with mechanical HVAC units.
- We recently added recycling cans adjacent to trash cans throughout the center.
- Interior lighting has been updated by replacing incandescent light bulbs with CFL’s a 60% to 80% energy savings.
- Vintage Faire Mall announces Texgreen donation bins are now available on property on Dale and Venemen Road. Texgreen is a company in the second hand clothing industry. Texgreen works on recycling and re-wearing of clothes, to help make the environment cleaner and enable people in regions of higher need to afford quality clothes.
Leaders in corporate sustainability
At Macerich, while most of our business is focused on reaching new heights, in sustainability we are dedicated to reaching new lows. In fact, "Innovating to Zero" is our ambitious longer-term goal to generate zero energy waste and near zero emissions, zero water waste and zero landfill impact.
GRESB Green Star
2014 - 2017
20th among top 30 on-site generation
EPA Green Power Partnership
CDP Climate A List
2015 - 2017
#1 Ranking 2015 - 2017 GRESB Benchmark
N. American Retail Sector
NARIET Leader in the Light
2014 - 2017
First U.S. In-use Certified Building